Thursday, May 14, 2009











We are finally a family of 5! Avery came home today after 79 days in the NICU. i was much more relaxed bringing her home than i was with Kyla, i think thats because i knew what i was in for. She is adjusting very well but i can tell Kyla has been home longer. Both are still on oxygen and probably will be for awhile, i hope not that long though its a PAIN with all the cords. i also have a monitor for Avery mainly by my request because i am so paranoid but i am not sure i will use it. It is truely amazing to look at both my baby girls laying next to me and i still can't get over how weird it is to look at MY identical twins! Lukas is totally in love with his sisters. we pulled up to my mom's to get him and he came running out saying "i have 2 babies now, i have 2 babies now!" We even let him hold both at the same time. It was bittersweet to walk out of the NICU for the last time, as happy as i am to have both girls home i grew to love the nurses especially their primary nurse who had them from day one, and even made sure she was not there today so she didn't have to say goodbye. i would look forward to going to the NICU not only to see my babies but to sit and chat with the nurses about anything from my girls to jon and kate lol! That chapter is closed and now my chapter begins with them, the one where they are my responsibility....ready or not we begin this exciting chapter together as a family of 5!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

the pictures are AMAZING - your girls are so beautiful & it seems they have a very attentive older brother.
saw your blog on the momo website - hope you don't mind me popping over!
blessings,